Skip to main content

It’s Been Madness For Sure!

Let me just start by saying, I have missed writing these past few weeks so much! I very much got distracted and for that I’m so sorry! This post will be a little shorter but I feel it needs to be said! My whole house was sick for a week and then I scrambled playing catch up with everything! I’m back now though!

It’s one thing when one person in the house gets sick. It’s a totally different ball game when everyone and I mean EVERYONE in the house gets sick. Not only was everyone sick but we each had different things. Sinus infections, ear infections, and even colds on steroids!

I feel like when moms get sick it makes everything worse! When moms get sick, there’s still butts to be changed. There’s little ones to cuddle and play with. There are still meals to make and dishes to be done. Laundry still has to be taken care of.. but when you’re sick your list of priorities doesn’t include chores. Even though we were all sick I seriously am thanking God for my mother in law. The first day I realized I was super sick she took care of the boys while I slept. She cooked, cleaned, and watched all the kid shows that my boys love. All while taking care of us, she herself was sick. Seriously, she’s a dang trooper!

Even after we all were on the mend, there was still catch up to be played. My toddler needed his 2 year check up as well as a dentist appointment. Laundry looked like it was going to grow legs and walk away. The stress was and is real people!

Even now almost a week and a half later,  I’m going over my mental checklist to make sure I’ve done everything! Being a mom is hard y’all. I don’t know how my mom did it but I find myself thinking “Mom, if I could go back in time knowing what I now know, I would help with every little detail that I possibly could!.” Please.. PLEASE give your mothers a hug today!

Through all of this I did learn a few things though. Number one: it’s ok and sometimes necessary to ask for help. What’s more, people are willing to help! Number two: mom guilt absolutely sucks but even judgmental Judy in my brain can take a seat because I’m doing the best I can. Number three: mother in laws are saints and are taken for granted. And last but not least number four: being a mom and getting sick shows your family won’t.. I repeat WON’T survive without you.

When you get sick and the mom guilt kicks in, please don’t listen to it. You are doing your absolute VERY best. You are human and of course you will get sick. Some things will get put on hold while you get better and that’s ok! Your family needs you to get better so taking the time to actually take care of yourself is essential!

YOU are a rockstar! Things get hard but you are a mother! You absolutely got this! Don’t ever tell yourself otherwise!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To All Of My NICU Parents!

This one goes out to all the mamas (and daddies) who either have had or are currently going through the NICU journey with their baby. Words can’t express the NICU journey properly but I will do my best. Let’s start with how my NICU story began. Just one day shy of 10 months ago, I gave birth to my second baby boy. I was 27 weeks pregnant and literally dying. The pregnancy as a whole got really scary and complicated in my second trimester and just kept getting worse. I was on bedrest because the pregnancy was high risk. I couldn’t take more than five steps without getting so out of breath I would almost pass out. I was drinking obscene amounts of milk to combat what I thought and was told was heartburn. There were days where I couldn’t feel my little guy moving very much. I knew I was having contractions so I was in and out of labor and delivery all to get told that since I “wasn’t screaming in pain and I wasn’t dilating that I wasn’t in labor.”  On November 21st at about 8 pm, I n

Mom Shaming.. Just Don’t Do It.

Mom shaming. Have you heard of it? Chances are if you are a mom you’ve definitely heard of it. In a super connected world with social media and such, mom shaming has become a major issue. Pretty much everyone has fallen victim to or been the holier than thou mother who feels her way is better than anyone else’s. But why do moms feel the need to shame other moms? We are all trying our very best at the same job! I was online the other day and I read a viral blog on Facebook about using the cry it out method. The moms in the comment thread were basically in a verbal blood bath with each other! One mom would say that the cry it out method was basically abuse. Another mom would comment and educate about how parents who use the cry it out method don’t actually lock their children in a room to scream all night. The original commenter would comment back and so the war began. I’ve seen moms shame other moms because a mom would post a picture of her child eating a cheeseburger and fries.

Learning To Speak Through Playtime

Last week when I took my oldest child to his two year checkup, I was told that he needed speech therapy. This isn’t the only time I was told my boy would need therapy of some sort. When he was seven months old, his previous pediatrician told me that if he didn’t start sitting on his own within a month, he would need physical therapy. As a mom, my first thought was “I have once again failed my baby.” While talking to his pediatrician, she could see that thought written all over my face. What she then said to me was everything I needed in that moment. She said, “him needing therapy does not mean he is dumb or deaf. He has accelerated on so many other levels. Him needing speech therapy simply means that he didn’t take an interest in talking, but is now at an age where he will fall behind if he doesn’t start soon.” Of course, as she always does, she told me exactly what I needed to hear. She helped me see that I’m not failing as a mother. She taught me that some children just do thi